Golf Course Mechanic
Assists in the repair and maintenance of motorized equipment. Performs a variety of mechanical repair and maintenance work on equipment independently. Services motorized equipment and related work as assigned by the supervisor.
- Working knowledge of general operation of gasoline and diesel equipment
- Knowledge of proper methods of servicing automotive equipment
- Ability to repair and adjust power mowing equipment and use common mechanical tools
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
- Aptitude for mechanical repair work methods
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and the public
- Ability to keep workspace organized and detailed maintenance records
- Ability to plan ahead and stay up to date on vehicle services
- Requires valid driver’s license
Minimum 1-year mechanical experience on grounds/golf course equipment. Must have a valid driver’s license. High school or equivalent.
- Overhauls and repairs automotive and powered equipment, engines, brakes, transmissions, differentials, springs and mufflers.
- Secures and replaces tools and parts.
- Cleans work areas after repairs are completed.
- Assists in electric gas welding.
- Lubricates and services automotive equipment.
- Inspects equipment for operating deficiencies and makes routine adjustments where necessary.
- Fills automotive equipment with fuel and checks fluids levels, changes and repairs tires and maintains mileage reports.
- May do body repair and painting work.
Equipment Mechanic I – Revised 11/2018
- Repairs and adjusts the engines and cutting mechanisms of a wide variety of heavy and light mowing equipment.
- Assists Equipment Mechanic II in performing equipment maintenance.
Inside working conditions a majority of the time and a portion outside in a variety of weather conditions.
Full and Part Time Position available. $16-$17 Per Hour.
Full Time Benefits include: Health Insurance, Paid Time Off (starting at 15 days annually). Other benefits include flexible schedule, golf privileges, range privileges. 50% discount on food and beverage purchases while on duty.
Contact General Manager Boyd Everling via email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this position. Call (704) 628-6438 for more information OR apply directly in the golf shop OR fill out application form below.